Types of Specialty Commercial Policies

If all you know of commercial insurance is a business owner’s policy (BOP), you are missing out on glass insurance, mechanical policies, malpractice insurance and more. This blog explains the less well-known items.

At Chastain Agency Inc. of  Gainesville, GA, we want you to have the coverage you need. You probably already have liability, property and worker’s compensation insurance, but do you know the other types your business might need?

If you have a building with an old-school boiler, a boiler and machinery insurance policy pays for the repair of equipment breakdown. Sometimes called equipment breakdown insurance, it also covers your business interruption losses. 

A debris removal policy reimburses you for damage cleanup from a flood, fire,  windstorm or similar event. This pays for removing the debris so you can begin rebuilding.

You can insure just the glass of your storefront against damage. A glass policy protects you from losses of glass breakage. Most people think of storefront windows and doors, but this would also cover mirrors in a funhouse or dance studio, plus skylights.

If you deliver, store or transport items, you need an inland marine insurance policy. Let’s say your bakery starts delivering cakes. You need this policy just like a dry cleaning business would.

A fidelity bond insurance policy reimburses the business when a bonded employee steals from the business property.

These less common types of commercial insurance provides for coverage of the specialty needs of businesses. You probably won’t need each one, but you may need more than one. Visit  Chastain Agency Inc. of  Gainesville, GA to learn more about specialty insurance you might need.